TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Bookings can be made via our website www.discoveryrussia.com.au, by telephone or email.
As our tours are mostly tailor-made, your Russian travel specialist will adjust your upcoming tour to Russia to fit your personal requirements.
DEPOSITS and PAYMENTS
We are committed to providing you with the highest level and quality of service. In order to guarantee smooth travels, advance payment is advised.
Once your itinerary is agreed, you will be requested to pay a deposit. The deposit amount, and the time allowed to settle the balance owed may vary depending on your itinerary. The deposit is required to confirm your reservation.
For most of the tours, the balance is due 90 days prior to departure. If you book fewer than ninety days in advance, full payment will be required to secure trip confirmation.
You will be invoiced one month prior to the due date. Your invoice will be sent to you by email and uploaded into your LogIn personal area on our website.
We accept bank transfers out to Tawango Pty Ltd for all the payments.
Last-minute bookings are subject to availability, and immediate full payment is required.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
We shall contact you by the means of communication provided by you during your registration and booking, a week before the payment due date. In the event that full payment is not received by the due date, we will contact you by the electronic means of communication provided by you during registration and booking
If we have not received payment from you, your booking will be cancelled with appropriate penalties applied to your account with us. You will then be refunded any remaining balance, according to our cancellation policy.
Cancellation penalties will be advised to you during the booking process, and stated on your invoice.
Payment of the deposit signifies your acceptance of the below cancellation policy conditions:
- Deposits are refundable up to 90 days prior to the date of departure, less AUD 150 per person processing fee.
- If we have already purchased air or railroad tickets in your name and if these tickets are not fully refundable, we will require reimbursement for these if the deposit does not cover it. If you wish to travel later and prefer not to cancel your tickets, we will mail the tickets to you for use at a later date.
- Any other balances paid are non-refundable within 90 days of the trip.
- All participants are strongly encouraged to obtain travel protection to cover cancellations, delays, emergencies and unexpected illness. For some trips in remote areas we may require, at a minimum, emergency medical/evacuation coverage. Insurance coverage can be arranged for you on request.
- In the event that your tour is cancelled by us, we will provide a full refund of any amounts paid up to the date of cancellation.
All prices shown on the website are subject to availability. Prices are not guaranteed until we receive full payment from you.
- Rarely, we must increase prices due to unexpected increases from our vendors. We will inform you as soon as we are aware of such an increase, usually no later than 30 days prior to trip departure, if a price change becomes necessary. If the price increases more than 10%, you may choose to cancel the trip; in this event we will refund all recoverable payments that have been made to vendors to you within 30 days of cancellation.
- Minor trip alterations (e.g., accommodations, excursions, etc.) may occasionally be necessary and may be made without penalty to Tawango Pty Ltd (business name: Discovery Russia).
- Any additional extra costs due to trip alterations that become necessary during the course of the trip that are caused by events beyond Tawango Pty Ltd (business name: Discovery Russia)’s responsibility and control, including but not limited to weather delays, strikes, etc., are the sole responsibility of the participant.
ADVENTURE AND SPORTS TOURS
- Our tours may vary greatly in terms of difficulty and style. If there are any reasonable physical demands to participants of any such tour, you will be advised by our Travel Specialist prior to trip confirmation, and your written consent will be required.
- You are free to decline to participate in any activities suggested.
- You are asked to inform us as to any health problems or restrictions that could affect your trip participation so that we can discuss possible alternatives.
- For extreme sport tours, please see our Sport Tours Policy
- There are risks and dangers inherent in any trip or travel that are beyond the control of Tawango Pty Ltd. Although we take all reasonable precautions in order to ensure your safety, participants agree to hold Tawango Pty Ltd harmless in the event of unforeseen events including, but not limited to: accidents or injuries beyond our control; acts of God, war or terrorism. (please see Waiver and Release Form)